Bomb blast kills five in Quetta

By Our Staff Reporter

Quetta: A bomb blast of relatively low intensity killed four people in Quetta on Thursday night. Fifteen people received multiple injuries and rushed to nearby hospital for treatment.

“Four people have been martyred while a dozen received multiple injuries and rushed to nearby hospital” Dr. Wasim Baig, Baluchistan Health Department media coordinator told media.

Doctor Javed Akhtar, Superintendent of Civil Hospital Quetta also confirmed the same that the death toll from the blast had risen to four and the number of injured to 15.

Whipe Balochistan police is currently busy in investigating the blast, Adviser to the Balochistan Chief Minister on Home and Tribal Affairs Mir Ziaullah Langove told local media in Quetta that the explosion was triggered by a remote-controlled device.

Langove visited the site of the blast and expressed sorrow over the loss of lives.

Speaking to the media, he said, “The Pakistani nation has been targeted in the blast,” but those who wanted to disrupt peace would not succeed in their nefarious designs.

He further stated that elements spreading terror could not deflate the nation’s morale. The adviser said “fool-proof” security arrangements had been made for New Year’s Eve.

According to Dawn, Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo also condemned the incident, terming it an “act of terrorism”. In a statement, Bizenjo said he was saddened by the loss of lives in the “act of terrorism”, and that those targeting innocent citizens deserved strict punishment.

He expressed dissatisfaction over security arrangements in Quetta.

The chief minister also sought a report on the incident and security arrangements in the city from the Balochistan inspector general of police. He also directed Langove to review the security plan for the city and make security arrangements more effective.

“It is the responsibility of police and security agencies to protect the lives and properties of people. Citizens cannot be left at the mercy of terrorists,” Dawn quoted him as saying.

Bizenjo also issued directives for ensuring the provision of proper medical treatment to the injured, further instructing the provincial health minister to oversee the provision of medical treatment to them.

Leave a Reply